SortMyBooks Introductory Webinar
It was a basic introduction to SortMyBooks, covering only the following items:
1. Uploading your company logo
2. Creating and emailing a sales invoice
3. Speeding up data entry of Sales and purchase invoices by setting up products and adding defaults to suppliers and customer.
4. Sharing your file with your accountant or employees
5. Seeing the audit log so you can see who did what on your file|
6. VAT Report, Profit and Loss Report and how to drill down on each to see transactions.
7. How to use the knowledge base
8. Introducing the new SortMyBooks iPhone app
Following the demo, we took questions from participants.
- We covered what we intended to cover.
- We started and finished on time.
- Good turnout, and 75% registration to attendee rate.
- While there were no shortage of public questions, I realise some people are shy and I forgot to instruct particpants how to ask a private question.
- When I watched the playback (link is here), I realised my voice was moving faster than the screens, despite me having an ‘audience view’ screen to check on. I am not sure participants were able to follow what I was doing, epecially with point 3.
Conclusion: We will do this again, week after next.
The next webinar will be on setting your Paypal account and integrating it with your email invoices. This will be useful for both triallists and customers.
It will be hands on, step by step tutorial for people who want to set themselves up with this labour saving function.
Here is a summary of questions and answers on the day:
Q. Where is your data stored?:
Q. Can we put our own text on the email when emailing invoices form the system?
A. Yes, in fact this was just released this morning!
Q. Can we import data from other systems?
A. Yes. https://sortmybooks.zendesk.com/categories/search?query=import&for_search=1&commit=Search
Q. Can we accept credit card payments from our customers?
A. Yes. http://sortmybooks.com/wordpress/paypal-sortmybooks-integration-is-here-get-paid-by-email/
Also look out for the next webinar which will be a hands on how to set this up.
Here is a link to the recorded webinar should you wish to play it back:
Thanks to all who participated, hope to see you again!